*Love is in the air and Knowledge is Everywhere*

Monday, February 14, 2011

History of My Blog's name


      My biological name is Khryss Leanne and my moniker is “ken”. My relatives and friends used to call me in that name because it was my moniker since birth. Want fast fact? I am the only girl who has a name Ken. Impressed? That’s true! My father gives me that name when I was born. I don’t know where he gets that boyish-type name. Well, there is no problem about me if such people call me in my boyish name. For me, it sounds cool!

      8 years ago, when I was using our computer because of searching of my assignments in Encarta Dictionary (application installed in the computer), I accidentally type the letters k-e-n. Amazed, the word was in the dictionary. And the meaning of it was:

       ken (n.) - view; especially, reach of sight or knowledge. E.g. it’s beyond my ken.
After I have read the meaning of my name, I feel impressed because, now I know that my name is not just a boyish-type name, but it has a meaning and a very important meaning. It means knowledge.
And now, my ever loving teacher in Computer 3, told us to create a blog of ours that will reveal our personality and views in life. I am caught between two blog names; Kitty Kenny (for being in love with cats) and Passion for Ken – Love for Knowledge (referred by my sister).

      I finally decided to use the name PASSION FOR KEN. At first, I don’t know how to create my blog with this name because I am not comfortable with the sentence but when my sister explained it, all become vivid.

     Why I decided to name my blog like this?

     Passion is a powerful or an intense emotion such as love. An emotional state. Well I can say that I have the passion for learning so many things. I read lots of books contain ideas and opinions of other people how they view the life. I asks questions when I don’t know such thing. I can proudly say that living for 15 years here, I know a lot of things that have been changed my personality.

     Love of knowledge strengthens and encourages us to pursue further seeking knowledge from within, learning new things has no limitations, so never stop learning and studying. Feeding hearts with love is like engaging our minds to broader understanding.
The freedom to know is our greatest treasure. We are already engaged in knowing, it’s in our own hands on how to make it better.

     Common sense, rational and logic all can be accepted as valid ways of exercising knowledge. Even the investigations into paranormal, magic and mystery, these are such forms of knowledge.
We all have are own knowledge, the problem is we are lack of the ability to use it and apply it. The willingness to explore and understand more things can lead us to express deeper understanding. We have a clear choice; a love for knowledge can change our lives even the limitations limit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment